{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need 2017 Altitude Correction Tables
Will someone please upload a copy of the 2017 Altitude Correction Tables?

I've been using the an old version of them- mostly for the Sun.  There isn't much difference between years, it seems.

Paul
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(03-22-2017, 11:40 PM)P.Rutherford Wrote: Will someone please upload a copy of the 2017 Altitude Correction Tables?

I've been using the an old version of them- mostly for the Sun.  There isn't much difference between years, it seems.

Paul

Paul,

Similar situation here- same table for years.  The error isn't that much.  In fact it's mostly insignificant.

Craig
(03-22-2017, 11:40 PM)P.Rutherford Wrote: Will someone please upload a copy of the 2017 Altitude Correction Tables?

Paul

Paul - if you are using the Alt Corrn tables simply for the sun they do not change from year to year. The tables correct for dip, refraction, parallax and semi diameter, with the SD correction being an average value summer and winter, and these values are essentially constant. The only difference in the A.C. table between one year and another is in the additional corrections for Venus and Mars, these being values for parallax dependent on these planets' varying proximity to earth. In general ignorance of these additional corrections will only result in a maximum error of 0.3'.
Jeremy