{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star finder- Rude 2102-D
Got the 2102-d star finder from Weems & Plath a few months ago and have been enjoying the ease and simplicity of it.

Previously, but still, I use the USNO's Navigation Star Chart;

USNO Navigational Star chart

The 2102-d makes identifying stars of doubtful position or when only a few stars can be seen at a certain azimuth and one is trying to figure out which star(s) it was.

The included directions mention the plotting of planets or the Sun but I am rather confused on how it's done.

Can anyone help out?

Have a nice weekend,

Craig
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(12-19-2015, 01:14 AM)craigsl Wrote: Got the 2102-d star finder from Weems & Plath a few months ago and have been enjoying the ease and simplicity of it.

Previously, but still, I use the USNO's Navigation Star Chart;

USNO Navigational Star chart

The included directions mention the plotting of planets or the Sun but I am rather confused on how it's done.

Can anyone help out?

Craig,

The instructions included with the plastic packaging mentions how to plot the Sun and planets.  Mark it so marks can be removed.

Here are the instructions;

Weems & Plath 2102-d star finder instructions

Ed
An advantage of the 2102-d combined with knowing GHA Aries beginning at an hourly interval is that an increase of 15 degrees per hour will show the stars for the night without the need to recalculate GHA Aries precisely. Just turn the wheel 15 degrees each hour and the stars are presented.

Of the USNO Navigational Star chart I simply use dividers set to 90 degrees (from the chart) and swing the dividers around from my Latitude (declination) at Aries (360- SHA) to show the stars that are visible.

Larry