{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
warning - graphic content
Quick note.

The following is a quote from Frank Reed who apparently owns NAVLIST and Reednavigation.com.

This is his very racist and offensive opinion of Filipinos.

[Frank Reed: Re: Bowditch 2019 Sucks]    [Frank Reed: Re: True North and Precession]
Re: Bowditch 2019 Sucks
Date: 2021 Feb 19, 07:57 -0800

.....Iloilo is home to a large port and a major maritime school. The Philippines remains grossly sexist, and its demented, populist president is well-known for his misogyny. Philippine maritime schools produce far more graduates than the market can support, and this naturally leads to infighting, bitterness, and jealousies within the community. Cowardly attacks on women and blustering about political correctness come easily to those at the bottom of the ladder who cannot find work.

Frank Reed

Original screenshot attached
His comments are outrageous

{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
The US isn't a model of virtue nor even aspires or attempts any moral purity.  What objective standard does that guy use in comparing the US to the Philippines?  That Duterte wants to kick the US bases out or make them pay to stay....is that it?

Think of the wickedness the US military has caused the people of the Philippines.

Clen
Just read about President Duterte and what he wants to do for the Philippines relative to the US. Glad I'm not him. They'll probably do a JFK on him. Poor guy.

Ed
Thank you each, Clen and Ed, for your comments.

It becomes easier every day to see the evil in the world, and no one is perfect, but this frank reed clown who has a great influence in the marine world has shown himself to be a bigot and hater... makes me wonder what he thinks of blacks, hispanics, other asians, and arabs.

I take that back; I already know what he thinks of other races.

At the very least I know where NOT to take my business. At most I know he is not godly.

Good people must stand up to these bigots not out of fear or hate, but rebuke the evil within them. Their ignorance and unjust natures stain the world. There are others on his site who agree with him - they too are less than human. Evil must be rebuked where found, and this is a perfect example.

Cheers
(02-20-2021, 05:33 AM)pabrides Wrote: Quick note.

The following is a quote from Frank Reed who apparently owns NAVLIST and Reednavigation.com.

This is his very racist and offensive opinion of Filipinos.

[Frank Reed: Re: Bowditch 2019 Sucks]    [Frank Reed: Re: True North and Precession]
Re: Bowditch 2019 Sucks
Date: 2021 Feb 19, 07:57 -0800

.....Iloilo is home to a large port and a major maritime school. The Philippines remains grossly sexist, and its demented, populist president is well-known for his misogyny. Philippine maritime schools produce far more graduates than the market can support, and this naturally leads to infighting, bitterness, and jealousies within the community. Cowardly attacks on women and blustering about political correctness come easily to those at the bottom of the ladder who cannot find work.

Frank Reed

Original screenshot attached
His comments are outrageous

Ref Mr. Frank Reed.
I have only come to this forum today by chance having downloaded a 2023 Nautical Almanac; ...decided to register and found I was already registerd in 2017 - having forgotten I must have done so !  I have not had any interest in Nautical navigation matters since that time though I was very much involved then and contributed to a celestial navigation forum (NAVLIST) presided over by Mr. Frank Reed.

I left that forum by being excluded by Mr. Reed over issues of his irritatingly bombastic manner in Lunar Distance discussions in which I had made assessments using my own sextants and found the very best that could be reasonably achieved was near, usually greater than, 30 seconds of accuracy in time; and more likely around a minute unless great care in all corrections were used. He had a bee in his bonnet that it was quite reasonable to achieve much better than that. I disagreed. He didn't like that. We had a clash of personalities I guess.

I found him to be bombastic; arrogant with a highly superior and unpleasant manner, and with a clearly anti-British prejudice with it. Leaving that group was easy to accept, and being excluded no disadvantage as his demeanour was unhelpful to say the least.
I am not surprised in the least therefore to learn of his racist manner and opinons of Filipinos.  It is the same it would seem, as his opinon of the British.

Douglas Denny.
Bosham. England.