{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full UPS or small sheet
Hello everyone,

The full sized UPS are ok but I like to use a small 8-1/2 x 11 sheet printed off or just making one using Bowditch method in Chapter 26- Emergency Navigation section 2603.  Very easy to make one.

Carlos P.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(12-15-2015, 01:53 PM)CarlosPindle Wrote: Hello everyone,

The full sized UPS are ok but I like to use a small 8-1/2 x 11 sheet printed off or just making one using Bowditch method in Chapter 26- Emergency Navigation section 2603.  Very easy to make one.

Carlos P.

Bowditch Chapter 26 explains the way of making it easily.

Another way is the Cos(Latitude ) which results in the figure used to multiply using the distance between the parallels of Latitude (which are always constant on a UPS and on earth) to the end that it provides the distance between Meridians to be drawn.

Example- Someone wants to make a UPS based on a N 25 degrees and have drawn parallels of Latitude 3" apart.  How far apart should the meridians be drawn?

Solution- Cos(25) = .906

.906 x 3"  = 2.718" which is the spacing to be made between the meridians.

Simple even using Trig tables.

Ed
Ed,

Trig tables are but a memory. Machinery's Handbook, of which I have a 1943 edition, has them in it. For interest I perused them and was happy to see that it might be a good idea to print them out. The batteries will not die in them.

Clen.