{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunter and Bowditch
(06-12-2018, 01:31 AM)Fred_B Wrote: Get it here- https://www.thenauticalalmanac.com/books.html

Laugh all you want but my sailboat, small as it may be, doesn't have a knot meter.  I simply count the time interval of an object (bubble, debris..anything) passing from bow to stern. 

More areas of the world were reached and conquered (so to speak) and so many accomplishments were made without electronics.

Joe, this site might interest you-

http://www.SurvivorLibrary.com/

Fred

Great stuff, Fred.  Ive been wanting to read that book... now Im going to do it.

Im not laughing...  I applaud your ingenuity and that its-just -about-right attitude.  The astronauts went to the moon on three significant digits... what in the world do you need 3 meter gps precision for unless you are a pilot on an instrument approach or a surveyor in New York city.  Many have lost sight of what's important....It is better to have traveled hopefully than to have arrived (Stevenson, maybe).    

Batteries? I dont need no stinking batteries... to paraphrase Cheech and Chong i think.

The Librarian and I communicate fairly regularly...  I really like the guy.  He has done more to improve my education on subjects of which Ive had mild curiosity than any other human being.  Good on you for bringing him to the attention of the readers here. I actually suggested this site to him a few weeks ago... He said he would include it in his work.

By the way - I read about the glass tube in Bowditch 1916 edition.

joe
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Messages In This Thread
Gunter and Bowditch - by pabrides - 06-10-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: Gunter and Bowditch - by Fred_B - 06-12-2018, 01:31 AM
RE: Gunter and Bowditch - by pabrides - 06-12-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: Gunter and Bowditch - by P.Rutherford - 06-12-2018, 12:29 PM
RE: Gunter and Bowditch - by pabrides - 06-12-2018, 05:49 PM
RE: Gunter and Bowditch - by craigsl - 06-14-2018, 12:38 AM
RE: Gunter and Bowditch - by pabrides - 06-14-2018, 11:39 AM