{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davis Mark 15 & 25
I was wondering if the Mark 25 "beam converging" mirror can be retrofitted to the Mark 15.
 Davis says the split mirror of the Mark 15 can be fitted to the 25. The dimensions for the replacement parts are similar but not exactly the same. Maybe the reverse is not true. Would anyone happen to know?

I may end up getting a mark 25 anyhow if one pops up on ebay in my price range, in the meantime changing out the mirror might be an economical option.
I used to be a normal person, then I discovered how to locate myself on this planet using a star.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
BigBill,

I have a Mark 15. I'll measure the beam converging mirror (and holder) on mine and write back with the dimensions later today.

Craig
BigBill,

I measured the beam converger mirror on my Mark 15.

Width- 1.142" (how do you like that for accuracy?)

Height- 1-5/8" (had to measure the height with a ruler...but the figure is accurate)

Thickness- whoops. Didn't measure it. It's about the same thickness as window pane glass.

Craig
(03-05-2018, 08:49 PM)craigsl Wrote: BigBill,

I measured the beam converger mirror on my Mark 15.

Width- 1.142"  (how do you like that for accuracy?)

Height- 1-5/8"  (had to measure the height with a ruler...but the figure is accurate)

Thickness- whoops.  Didn't measure it.  It's about the same thickness as window pane glass.

Craig

Thanks Craig. Somewhere on the Davis website I thought I saw the dimensions for the two mirror replacements though I can't find it now. Their website is so ponderous to navigate.

https://www.davisnet.com/product/beam-co...5-sextant/
https://www.starpath.com/catalog/accessories/1840dm.htm
I used to be a normal person, then I discovered how to locate myself on this planet using a star.
From what I can tell there isn't much difference in overall size between the Mark 15 and the Mark 25 sextants. They look the same.

Craig
(03-08-2018, 01:17 AM)craigsl Wrote: From what I can tell there isn't much difference in overall size between the Mark 15 and the Mark 25 sextants.  They look the same.

Craig

It seemed like the horizon mirrors were dimensionally different but I can't find the link now. I'm thinking the Mk 15 mirrors might be slightly smaller than the 25 so they could be interchangeable whilst the Mk25 mirror wouldn't fit on the 15.
My post was just to confirm that or not.