{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pencil or pens- which to use
New member here.

Which do you prefer to use during CelNav work- a pencil or a pen?

Me?  A #2 mechanical pencil from Walmart.

Cheap replacement lead can be bought at DollarTree.

Good stuff.

Fred
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
(12-15-2015, 02:23 AM)Fred_B Wrote: New member here.

Which do you prefer to use during CelNav work- a pencil or a pen?

Me?  A #2 mechanical pencil from Walmart.

Cheap replacement lead can be bought at DollarTree.

Good stuff.

Fred

All of my nav (celestial or coastal) work is done with a .9 mm mechanical pencil.   More sturdy than the .5 mm or .7 mm
ISPA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor Evaluator
As I sail, I praise God and care not.  (Luke Foxe)
(12-16-2015, 04:09 PM)jackdale Wrote: All of my nav (celestial or coastal) work is done with a .9 mm mechanical pencil.   More sturdy than the .5 mm or .7 mm

Do you mean one of the old style mechanical pencils you sharpen by placing it vertically into a sharpener (that had sandpaper) and rotating the pencil about?

Carlos
Photo 
(12-17-2015, 05:03 AM)CarlosPindle Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 04:09 PM)jackdale Wrote: All of my nav (celestial or coastal) work is done with a .9 mm mechanical pencil.   More sturdy than the .5 mm or .7 mm

Do you mean one of the old style mechanical pencils you sharpen by placing it vertically into a sharpener (that had sandpaper) and rotating the pencil about?

Carlos

[Image: s0084945_sc7?%24splssku%24]

No need to sharpen.
ISPA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor Evaluator
As I sail, I praise God and care not.  (Luke Foxe)
(12-17-2015, 10:59 PM)jackdale Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 05:03 AM)CarlosPindle Wrote:

Carlos

[Image: s0084945_sc7?%24splssku%24]

No need to sharpen.
That's an impressive pencil.  Pentel does make a variety of pencils but I didn't know they made a .9mm one?

When at Walmart next time I'll take a look for one and hopefully give it a try.  They have clones of Pentel .5mm and .7mm and Pentels for about $1.50 USD.  Nice pencils and easy to use.  They last for years.

CP