{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious old navy math techniques.
Thanks  for  the  response. Yes,  I  know,  that  that  price  for  that  particular  slide ruler  meant  it  belonged  to  Captain James Cook  or  Professor E. Fermi.  At  least.  One  of  the  best  are  the  ones  that  were  manufactured  in  Germany,  before  WWII. They  were  kind  of  slightly  yellowish  in  color  because  real  ivory  was  used.  Precision  and qualiity-  not  matched.  But  for  a  regular  calcs  any  slide  ruler  would  work. By  the  way,  in  Chech Republic  they  made  it with a real  big  magnifying  glass  making  calculations very  handy.  Regrading  fractions.  Yes,  I  also  had  my  time  with  educators regarding  that  issue. Found  it later  that there  iis  no  problem  in  working  with  that  kind  of  fractions  whatsoever.  
Regarding books.  Math  for  navigators I  bought  on  Amazon,  about  $ 10.00 Plus  shipping  and  handling.  Dutton  1944,  and  I'm  not  kidding,  was  left  on  the top of  the  garbage  can.  So  it  was a really  free  lunch.  Maybe  later,  if  you  want,  I'll  try  to  scan  TAble  of  Content, and let  me know  what  section  you  and other  gentlemen  would  like  to  get, so  I'll  try  to  scan  it. Book is  only 106  pages  long,  and  kind  of  half-size.

MAybe  pdf  is  available. Just  don't  know.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Messages In This Thread
Curious old navy math techniques. - by Rumata - 02-03-2021, 02:48 AM
RE: Curious old navy math techniques. - by Rumata - 02-03-2021, 04:48 AM
RE: Curious old navy math techniques. - by Rumata - 02-03-2021, 06:53 AM
RE: Curious old navy math techniques. - by Rumata - 02-03-2021, 05:49 PM
RE: Curious old navy math techniques. - by Rumata - 02-09-2021, 03:42 AM
RE: Curious old navy math techniques. - by Rumata - 02-12-2021, 03:29 AM
RE: Curious old navy math techniques. - by Rumata - 02-13-2021, 05:00 PM