{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The North Pole no longer wanders - it runs
(02-19-2019, 01:52 AM)c_davidson Wrote: Nice work Rumata.  Interesting, isn't it, that the magnetic pole is getting closer to Polar North.  That the earth is one huge electro-magnet is astounding.

Thank you, c_davidson!  Agree with your view on the Earth like one big electro-magnet.  I'm not a geophysisyst, but based on the limited number of works I've read I got a very strong opinion, that there is no real deep knowledge of  what is going on in the core.  Yes, molten metal at a very high temperature and constantly moving.  And this temperature sustained by what?  Radioactive decay? In middle 50s last century French scientists discovered  kind of a shutdowned natural nuclear reactor in Gabon, Africa.  Eons ago a sustained chain reaction took place  over there.  Why did I bring this example?  Because otherwise we can't explain the presence of byproducts of the typical nuclear reactor activity over there.   Looks like we don't have another explanation. May be there is none.  But anyway, if one thinks for a moment that all our navigational methods are based on the temper of that molten liquid core-well, kind of a feeling when flying in a plane piloted by microchip.  Without a pilot.  So far it is fun.  And who cares about the future?  Enjoying every day is the best policy.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Messages In This Thread
RE: The North Pole no longer wanders - it runs - by Rumata - 02-19-2019, 07:52 PM