{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sextant wanted and other questions
(06-09-2018, 01:12 AM)CelNav57 Wrote: I included the HP correction table in Increments & Corrections just for convenience.
However, I didn't include the HP correction table in any of the yearly Nautical Almanac's Increments & Corrections tables on the site.

CelNav57 (Johannes)

It was not the HP tables that I was referring to, those were easily found on your site, but the instructions for the HP tables.  I seem to remember that the last paper almanac I bought many years ago had instructions, more so than what you see in your PDF of the HP tables.  I thought I remembered an explanation with example in the paper Almanac - this was about the year 2002 or so when I had my Astra IIIb.  Just A few years ago when I took up CN again I didnt bother applying HP to Gunter moon observations.  Recently I re-examined Bowditch and wished to clarify my knowledge of HP - thats when I had the brain fart and couldnt remember how to use the table....   an explanation was not forthcoming.

Anyway, I easily found your HP tables in an appropriate PDF - no problems there...  I just couldnt remember how to use them and couldnt find an example or instruction... :)

Roland clarified the procedure flawlessly.... 

Thanks
joe
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Messages In This Thread
Sextant wanted and other questions - by pabrides - 06-08-2018, 11:49 AM
RE: Sextant wanted and other questions - by pabrides - 06-09-2018, 02:10 AM