{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Moonset times in the nautical almanac ?
EDIT:

OK.  I made a mash of my first post on this subject.  I was pondering the question and pulled out my Nautical Almanac for 2024. Then I proceeded to look up the wrong numbers by simple carelessness. My apology if I confused a few readers.

Yes, there are two moon sets on Thursday June 20th at 62°N but now (hopefully) my references make more sense.

On Wednesday June 19 the moon rises at 19:55 at latitude 62°N. That moon does not set on the 19th but rather on Thursday, June 20 at 00:06

Then the moon rises again on Thursday, June 20 at 22:03 and sets again on Thursday, June 20 at 23:52 having been up for a very short time for a nearly full moon.

On Friday, June 21 there is no moon rise and no moon set. The moon is never visible at 62°N on Friday.

I think I 've got it right this time. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. A rookie goof -- but the occasional blunder in the tables is also part of the reality of Cel Nav.

Very interesting.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention

PeterB
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Moonset times in the nautical almanac ? - by PeterB - 06-21-2024, 09:47 PM