{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corrupted HP table
(07-11-2018, 11:03 AM)pabrides Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 10:37 AM)EdCa Wrote: The table isn't errant but does require the following;

Total Moon Altitude Correction=

Add SD (semi-diameter) if LL (Lower Limb) shot.
Subtract SD (semi-diameter) if LL (Upper Limb) shot.

Subtract refraction

Add Parallax correction for the HP table provided at the end of Increments & Corrections (found on this site).

That'll make it clearer for you.

Ed

Thanks Ed.... now that's something I can sink my teeth into... something to chew on tomorrow... Gracias

joe

OK, Ed, I stand corrected !!!  The second HP table is NOT errant.  Never let it be said that Joe isnt sometimes humbled.  I always tell my wife that I may not always be right - but I'm never wrong :)  Can you see the tongue in my cheek?

I chewed on a sample moon shot and found both table answers exactly the same... Its curious that I havent seen the second table instructions... That table adds some excitement to the reduction process... The more steps there are the more opportunity for errors - so when a reduction works out ok one feels great that all that hard work lead to something fairly accurate. However, to be clear, using the second HP table, the one without UL and LL division, the UL -30 correction is of no use?

thanks
Joe
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Messages In This Thread
Corrupted HP table - by pabrides - 07-11-2018, 06:41 AM
RE: Corrupted HP table - by EdCa - 07-11-2018, 10:37 AM
RE: Corrupted HP table - by pabrides - 07-11-2018, 11:03 AM
RE: Corrupted HP table - by pabrides - 07-12-2018, 03:53 AM
RE: Corrupted HP table - by EdCa - 07-14-2018, 09:01 PM
RE: Corrupted HP table - by pabrides - 07-14-2018, 11:23 PM